An advanced course designed specifically for managers and supervisors, to provide them with the knowledge, skills and attitude to:
- prevent and respond effectively to mental health issues in the workplace, in the first instance and on an ongoing basis.
- tackle performance management issues where mental health issues may also exist
- build a team culture with protective factors to minimise mental health risks to the whole team
- create an environment for the team where people can be resilient and thrive
After this course, participants will:
- Understand the importance of addressing workplace mental health, for business, legal, and ethical benefits.
- Identify the unique ‘filters’ of their employees, to communicate effectively regarding mental health issues.
- Have a greater awareness of the prevalence of mental health problems in the community.
- Understand the various causes of mental ill health, especially workplace triggers for mental distress.
- Know how to manage staff wellbeing during times of pressure, high demand, and change.
- Be able to identify early signs of mental ill-health, and respond appropriately to prevent escalation of issues within the workplace.
- Have a framework for communicating meaningfully and appropriately with employees about mental health, and performance issues where mental health issues also exist.
- Be better able to manage team dynamics which can lead to stress, burnout and conflict.
- Have clear distinctions as to the boundaries of their role as a manager when supporting mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Have strategies for managing their own stress and frustration when addressing workplace mental health issues.