Mental Health First Aid is a global innovative program that was inspired by the successful physical first aid model. Developed in Australia in 2000, it is regularly updated to ensure that is drawing upon the latest evidence base. The program is available in over 25 countries.
- Recognise the symptoms of the most common types of mental illness, including anxiety, depression and substance abuse
- Identify the triggers of depression and suicide
- Confidently handle a conversation with a colleague who is thinking of suicide
- Understand how drugs, alcohol and medication affect mental health
- Learn why it’s important to nip mental health problems in the bud as they crop up
- Act quickly and with confidence when trauma hits your workplace
- Safeguard your mental wellbeing in difficult situations
- Implement triggers of good mental health as soon as you leave the room
The Mental Health First Aid course will equip you with the skills to identify and respond effectively to someone who may be suffering from one or more of the most common forms of mental illness.