Good mental health at work can be tricky. The workplace is a place where rules of behavior need to be observed. So, what room is there for madness at work? Is there any?
In Part 1 of our interview, Mary O’Hagan made the point that madness should be respected. But how? This comment in itself stretches some of the common (mis-) understandings on mental illness, or ‘Madness’ as Mary likes to call it.
In part 2 of our interview, Mary makes the following fascinating points:
- Madness doesn’t turn you into a saint
- How having a mental illness can shape you
- Bringing mental illness into the workplace benefits your customers
- How to talk to someone with a mental illness
- Flexible supports are not specific to people with mental illness at work
- Some accommodations important to people with a mental illness
What do you think? Is there a place for madness at work?
Would love to hear from you