Many people experience trauma of one form or another, and this can have an impact on how they operate at work and in life. Often times, when people who have experienced trauma come into contact with services, they risk facing triggers of their trauma, or being re-traumatised.
You will walk away with effective strategies to:
- Identify trauma related stress responses
- Respond to critical incidents and high emotional arousal and distress
- Manage triggers effectively, and avoid retraumatisation
- Support recovery, dignity, control and choice
- Manage safety for the individual, themselves, and others, and avoid vicarious trauma
- Manage personal and professional boundaries, while maintaining empathy and care