Back in 2014 I coined the new term ‘Mental Wealth’. Workplace Mental Wealth describes the business potential of an organisation, as a direct result of how well it fosters the mental health of its people. But what is it exactly?
It’s a measure of your organisation’s ability to create, collaborate, problem solve and take initiative. It’s a measure of your team’s resilience and ability to keep going when things are tough and uncertain. These ‘soft’ factors are more important these days than ever. It’s the passion, creativity and collaborative efforts of an organisation’s people that creates wealth for shareholders.
Mentally wealthy workplaces display the following characteristics:
- People are focused, creative and highly productive, and free of debilitating chronic stress and anxiety
- The dynamic between people in an organisation is one of respect and inclusion, where people feel free to voice opinions and contribute ideas, for which they are valued as an employee and as a person
- Leaders truly recognise the value of people, encourage diversity in values and styles, and actively curtail behaviours that diminish or demean others
- There is a positive organisational climate, absent of bullying & harassment, mental injury, stress claims and mental health crises
Read more on workplace mental health and wellbeing….
- 8 Tips On How To Develop Resilience For Surviving The Modern Workplace Mentally Healthy
- Hygge in the workplace
- Taking care of the bottom line through good mental health
How does your organisation measure up?
If you are interested in developing your management team so they can create a mentally wealthy workplace, then the Leaders Masterclass will help. Contact the office for more information at [email protected]